Relax, Don't Be Nervous
The interview is also an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about the College and for us to answer any questions you may have!
Interview Preparation Information
Residency positions at St Catherine’s College are highly competitive so it is important you increase your chances of selection by preparing for your interview.
Our interview process is designed for you to learn more about us and for us to learn more about you. We want to be certain that you are ready for university and ready to live in college. Both places are unique and offer you incredible opportunities to grow as person, but, like university, college is not for everyone. We want to know that you will be happy living in a community and sharing your life with so many interesting people. Consider the following questions:
- What is the difference between living in a hostel or private home and living in a university residential college?
- Why do you want to live at St Catherine’s College?
- We will help you gain more than just your degree – what will you contribute to our college community? How will you get in involved and make a positive difference?
- Do you want to meet people from all around the world, learn about different cultures, beliefs and points of view?
- Are you familiar with current affairs – what is going on in the world? What about environmental issues?
- Are you considerate of others’ needs and willing to consider change in yourself?
If you believe St Catherine’s College is the place for you, think about your answers to the questions above and call us to arrange an interview time. Good luck!