Orientation Week 2018
Semester 1 Orientation Week 2018 (also known as 'O-Week') runs from Sunday, 18 February to Saturday, 24 February 2018. The week-long orientation is designed to help you as a new resident settle comfortably into your new living and learning environment.
Faster Higher Stronger
The theme for this year's O-Week is "Faster Higher Stronger". Our College is an engaging and vibrant community dedicated to the pursuit of excellence, and as you experience your first week of college life, we'll show you how you can navigate and plan for excellence in everything you may choose to pursue.
O-Week is the beginning of both university and college experience. Getting fully involved from the beginning means you will immediately bond as a group and form part of the larger College community. Some of the friends you make in O-Week will remain your friends for the duration of your time at College. The program has been carefully crafted to ensure there is a balance between fun, sharing important information and developing your skills to prepare you for uni. Make the most of it!
O-Week is jam packed, and we'll make sure that settling into this new chapter of your life will be a wonderful experience and a solid foundation for life-long memories and success. Don't forget to WEAR YOUR LANYARD so we can get to know who you are!
Who can participate in O-Week?
The following residents are eligible to attend all O-Week activities and events:
- all residents who are new to the College in a Single Room,
- all residents who are new to the College in a Studio Room,
- all former Taylors College students who have chosen to return to St Catherine's this year, as well as,
- those who did not have the Orientation Program Fee as part of their contracts but have explicitly indicated that they would like to participate in O-Week in their Optional Extras Form.
Some O-Week activities are open to everyone in St Catherine's. Please refer to the O-Week timetable for more details.
PLEASE NOTE: Sign-up for some O-Week activities is required and we cannot allow entry if you have not done so. In addition the concurrent activities on offer have limited availability so don’t miss out on your first preference!
Online activities for new residents
There are three online activities that you must complete before arriving at St Catherine's:
1. Read College Handbook: This reading will get you up to speed with the rules and expectations of being a resident at St Catherine's. We are home to 400 students and whilst we are not fans of rules and regulations, we must all abide by a code of conduct to ensure that we live harmoniously!
2. Complete the online Alcohol Educational Module: This is an interactive educational resource designed to educate students about responsible use of alcohol and minimise harm. This forms one of the compulsory modules for O-Week and must be completed. Don’t forget to put "ST CATS" before your name so that we know you have completed this compulsory module.
3. Sign up for O-Week activities: Sign-up is required for some O-Week activities, we cannot allow entry if you have not done so. In addition the concurrent activities on offer have limited availability so don’t miss out on your first preference!
This year, there are a number of extra activities which you can sign up for that add to the richness of living in Perth such as Indigenous bush walks. Please access the Shopping Cart to book your spot ((places are limited so don’t miss out).