Scholarships to live at St Catherine's
We want you to join us because you are the best, but you may need some help to get here. St Catherine’s College invests $800,000 annually in a range of residential scholarships and bursaries to provide students with the opportunity to pursue a tertiary education whilst living on campus. Scholarships vary in size and provide substantial discounts on fees.
About our Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded only at the start of each year to outstanding applicants who will be assessed on academic achievement, significant service to the community and sporting or artistic achievement.
Criteria exist for each scholarship and by completing one application form you will be considered for the most appropriate scholarship.
You must also have formally applied to the College and have been accepted to receive a scholarship to live at St Catherine's.
The top eight students accepted into the UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarship program, the UWA Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) program, or the UWA Winthrop Scholarship program, will receive a St Catherine's Residential Scholarship of $10,000 per year for four years.
- Shirley McLeod Bachelor of Philosophy Scholarship – $10,000 per year for four years
- Angel Scholarship – $10,000 per year
- Graduate Women, WA Scholarship – $8,000 per year
- ME Wood Postgraduate Scholarship – $5,000 per year
- Enid Russell Scholarship – $5,000 per year
- Jean Rogerson Scholarship – $5,000 per year
- Joyce Riley Scholarship – $5,000 per year
- Fairway Scholarships (in conjunction with UWA Fairway Accommodation Scholarships) – $2,000 per year
- Entrance Scholarships – $4,000 per year
- Discretionary Scholarships – $1,000 per year (Awarded by the Head of College)
Indigenous Access Scholarships
- Leah Cohen Scholarship – $5,000 per year
The following scholarships are generously offered in partnership with Woodside:
- Woodside Professional Indigenous Scholarships (Guidelines, Application Form)
- Woodside Community Scholarships (Guidelines, Application Form)
Round one applications for Woodside Scholarships open September 15 and close October 15, 2017. Round two applications open January 15 and close February 15, 2018. Please read the guidelines carefully and return completed applications for Woodside Scholarships by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply for a scholarship to live at St Catherine’s
Applications for a scholarship to live at St Catherine's are separate to the standard application process for residency. If you intend to apply for a scholarship to live at St Catherine's, you should first submit an online application on the UWA Residential Colleges Application Portal, with St Catherine's listed as your first preference.
Once you have completed the above, submit an online scholarship application. While we have a range of scholarships, each with its own eligibility and selection criteria, you only need to complete one scholarship application form. We will consider your application for the most appropriate scholarship to you.
Applications for 2018 Scholarships are now open and close on 30 January 2018. Good luck!
Early Application Fee Waiver
Speak to Andrew, our Resident Admissions and Services Manager, about our early application fee waiver – submit your application to live at St Catherine's before 31 October 2017 and we'll waive the $125 application fee if you are accepted into our College.
Andrew Boyd – Resident Admissions and Services Manager
Phone: +61 8 9442 0590
Scholarships to Study at UWA
Please visit scholarships.uwa.edu.au for information about scholarships to study at The University of Western Australia. A wide range of options exist and the website is constantly updated with new information.